Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lazy 'Beans Returneth

I really need to blog more. Fuck. Shit.

I guess I'll start with a status update that caught my attention a few days ago. It stated something along these lines, "Some people come into our lives as blessings, and others as lessons." A Mother Teresa quote, apparently. I find it so odd, or perhaps uneasy, that I read it just before running into news that caught me off guard. It's amazing how we can forget about things, and somehow get over even the most deepest feelings, but how the memory of those feelings can absorb us all over again. I agree, many people in my life are blessings somehow. In fact, I don't know any person who is currently in my life that does not, or at least has not at some point, help uplift me, and in return, allowed me to uplift them. But what if those who hurt us are not lessons? What if sometimes we're simply a lesson for someone else, and if so, what do we really get out of it? I know that life throws us unexpected situations, and is hardly ever fair, but shit, there are some things that seem pointless. I'm not suggesting they are pointless altogether, just that they seem that way. At the same time, I read that quote just in time to prepare me for something that came as somewhat of a blow. The truth is I'm not effected by this person, or their news, I just feel that some things, and some people, no matter how good-hearted they may be, should stay in the past, where we chose to leave them in order to move further along our path. That's all.

In better news, I'm quite proud of myself. I have managed to eat two heart-shaped See's chocolate boxes within the last two weeks and not gain a pound. Hmm. I guess one could say I'm on a "diet."

1 comment: